Saturday, November 5, 2011

MY FAVORITE APPLE PIE

Fall harvest is one of my favorite times of the year – just when apples are ripening and the indoor baking season approaches its peak. I love cooking with fresh ingredients, especially seasonal fruits and vegetables.
With Thanksgiving approaching, I thought the most appropriate recipe to share on my new blog would be My Favorite Apple Pie. This is a simple recipe bursting with flavors of apples and spices…

Begin by preheating your oven to 350°

For this filling, combine the following…
8 Macintosh Apples, cut into pieces
2 - Teaspoons Cinnamon
1/8 - Teaspoon Nutmeg
1 - Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 - Cup Brown Sugar
4 - Tablespoons Butter Cut in Small Cubes
3 - Tablespoons Brandy

Mix well in a bowl so that the apples are covered with the spices.

Place filling in a pie dish prepared with crust…
For the crust, I found that the prepared Pillsbury piecrust works well when you’re pressed for time.

I prefer making a crust from scratch ~ the best recipe that I found is Pate Brisee (pie dough) from Martha Stewart.

For the pie topping…
1 - Cup Flour
1 - Cup Oatmeal
3/4 - Cup Brown Sugar
1 - Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 - Stick of Butter Cut in Small Cubes

Mix the topping with Pastry Knife until you have a soft crumble topping.

Spread the mix over your pie and place in the center rack of your oven.
Bake for 1 – hour, and then let your pie cool down to room temperature before serving.

Enjoy!

Lulu B’s Kitchen
© 2010 - My Favorite Apple Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment